Monday, November 7, 2011

Road to Nowhere

I attend Element Church here in Cheyenne.  Quite often I am overwhelmed at the sense of God’s presence.  I am continually amazed each Sunday as individuals find new life in Christ! 

However, I quite often feel like I don’t “fit” at Element.  There are several reasons why:  I don’t shave my head.  I don’t wear Toms or Converse.  I don’t wear jeans with holes in the knees.  I don’t have a tattoo.  I’m over 40 (by a long way) AND…. I like Country Music! 

One of my favorite country songs is “Nowhere Road” by Waylon and Willie.  They sing about a road that leads to nowhere –
 I’ve been down this road just searching for the end;
and it don’t go nowhere, it just brings you back again. 
Leaves you lonely and cold, standing on the shoulder,
but you’ve come too far to go back home
so you’re walking on a nowhere road.

I remember all too well the years I spent on that nowhere road.  Have you been there?  Are you there now?  No matter how long you’ve been walking the nowhere road or how far from home you feel you’ve traveled, God has provided a way back –  
And a great road will go through that once deserted land.
      It will be named the Highway of Holiness.
   Evil-minded people will never travel on it.
      It will be only for those who walk in God’s ways;
      fools will never walk there.
(Isaiah 35.8 – NLT)

The Highway of Holiness leads you back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment