Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Proud and Confident




My toast to the bride:

“A few months ago, a newspaper reporter described me as having a ‘lean frame and a confident gaze.’  If he saw me today, he would have to add the word ‘proud’ to the description. 

When I gaze at my little girl, I am very proud of the wonderful young lady she has become.  My awkward little girl has become a beautiful, confident, responsible, and charming young lady. 

I am very proud, as well, that no matter how old she gets, she will always be my ‘little girl.’ 

When I gaze upon my little girl, I am confident that God has blessed her with a young man who loves her almost as much as I do! 

I am confident as well, that when Wendy and Colter gaze into each other’s eyes, they see forever. 

I’m very proud, too, to call Colter, son. 

I love you two… “

No comments:

Post a Comment